With DR. DAWN ANDALON, DPT, MTC, CPI
* Thursday, January 5th 10:00-11:30 AM * $45 Register at least 3 days in advance
You are taking a birth class, a breastfeeding class, a parenting class, but what about a class that is focused on your body as a whole? This class is exactly that! In this hour and a half workshop taught by San Diego’s leading Women’s Health Physical Therapist, Dr. Dawn Andalon, you will learn the essential information every pregnant woman should know about how to take care of her physical body during pregnancy to feel the best, prepare for birth and improve postpartum recovery outcomes.
(Postpartum ladies will still learn some valuable info!).
This class will include some exercises and demonstrations. Some of the topics covered include:
- What exactly is the pelvic floor and why just Kegels are not just the answer.
- Pelvic floor awareness exercises to feel the relaxation needed for birth (and how this helps Postpartum).
- Pregnancy and postpartum posture education to improve comfort level and decrease injury.
- The role of the abdominals and what is diastasis recti?
- Safe daily exercises to stabilize the body.
- Normal postpartum recovery timeline and what you can do in the first few weeks and months for effective healing.
- Q & A (including common questions about safe return to fitness postpartum).
Dawn Andalon is a mother of two, a licensed Physical Therapist, with her own private practice, a women's health specialist, and San Diego's leading pregnancy and postpartum rehabilitation expert. Dawn is passionate about giving mothers the tools they need to physically thrive.
Visit firstname.lastname@example.org or call (760) 5034440